[802.3_ISAAC] DATE CHANGE and meeting procedures for upcoming 802.3dm meeting at the July 802 plenary

Colleagues:

I hope you are all doing well.  Please read this email to the end as we are going to have changes to the meeting days and procedures for July.

We are going to need to meet later in the week, therefore, P802.3dg has been kind enough to swap meeting slots with us.  This means that P802.3dm will meet Wednesday, July 17, 2024 in the PM1 and PM2 timeslots, and Thursday, July 18, 2024 in the AM1 and AM2 timeslots.  We will have a hard stop on Thursday due to the WG meeting in the afternoon!

Fortunately, we have a full list of presentations for the meeting!  Due to the large number of presentations I’m going to run the meeting slightly differently than we did in May.  Here are the highlights:

  • We will hold all straw polls and motions until Thursday morning.  We will focus on presentations on Wednesday.
  • Each presenter will be given 25 minutes for their presentation and Q&A.  I will have the presentations posted to allow participants to review the material prior to the meeting.  If you have concerns/questions please either contact the presenter directly or use the reflector.  After the 25 minutes we will move to the next presentation and any additional discussion can happen outside of the room and on the reflector.  Having straw polls/motions on Thursday will allow more time for this consensus building outside of meeting time.
  • Straw Polls and motions will be done Thursday morning during the AM2 timeslot.  As we are now a Task Force, only Working Group voters may vote on motions.  Straw polls may be taken with all participants, or with WG voters only.  For Straw polls we will use the Zoom polling tool and motions will use DVL.  If possible, please send a first draft of the motions/straw polls to me by Tuesday, July 16th, at 17h00 Montreal local time.  These can be changed, deleted, modified or added to during the AM2 slot on Thursday but it will give me an idea on the time necessary and the order in which to process them.

NOTE:  Please include all contributors for each presentation to give proper credit to those that contributed to the work.  This can simply be a contributors page found in the presentation.

I look forward to seeing you in Montreal in a couple weeks.  Travel safe and if I can assist in any way, please let me know.

Cheers

Jon Lewis | Chair - IEEE P802.3dm Asymmetrical Electrical Automotive Ethernet Task Force