[802.3_ISAAC] AW: 2X4 = 8

Hi all, I apologize for having mixed up the numbers. The SerDes line rates are 2,4,8,12,16 Gbps (for ~1.7, 3.6, 6.7, 10.1, and 13.4 Gbps throughput), with 2, 4, 8, 6, and 8 GBaud.  I will correct it and hope that Jon will upload the corrected version. Kind regards, Kirsten

Von: Ragnar Jonsson <rjonsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2024 21:06
An: STDS-802-3-ISAAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [802.3_ISAAC] 2X4 = 8

Sent from outside the BMW organization - be CAUTIOUS, particularly with links and attachments.

Absender außerhalb der BMW Organisation - Bitte VORSICHT beim Öffnen von Links und Anhängen.

All,

Just a quick comment on discussion at the end of the first afternoon session.

According to table in Kirsten’s presentation, 10Gbps ASA needs 12Gbps line rate.

The last comment from Peter was that 10Gbps link using PAM4 modulation needs 12Gbps/(2bits/symbol), which is 6Gbaud, not 4Gbaud like stated in the slides.

Ragnar