[802.3_OMEGA] Comment resolution progress

Colleagues,

We did not agree on the responses to any comments today, so we will continue comment resolution during the scheduled 18 October teleconference.  We did hear two presentations on component reliability calculations/analysis.  That included spirited debate between the two presenters (and others), followed by some discussion about the proposed responses to comments #i-107 and #i-108.  The relationship between wavelength range, and reliability is an issue we have discussed since the beginnings of P802.3cz, We discussed the topic extensively during the July Montreal plenary session as part of WG ballot comment resolution.

The two reliability presentations of 13 October are on the web in the P802.3cz Task Force public area (https://www.ieee802.org/3/cz/public/oct_2022/index.html).

October 13 discussion indicated that a number of individuals thought the responses need to be improved to record for the SA ballot group, the there were significant discussions about these comments responses.  The proposed responses can be found at https://www.ieee802.org/3/cz/comments/Comments_3cz_D3p01_with_resolution_first_and_second_sesion.pdf, with a PDF search on wavelength getting you to them quickly.

I encourage you to review the presentations and proposed responses.  Using the OMEGA reflector for discussion is welcome (or working together in smaller groups) on improvements or alternate comment responses is encouraged.

We continue comment resolution on 18 October (https://www.ieee802.org/3/calendar.html).

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force