[802.3_SPEP2P] AWGN Noise Model

George

Thank you for the updated presentation (01b) on the AWGN Noise Models with the updated plots.

So with your 2nd last slide comparing the ‘100BASE-T1L AFEXT dominates’ (LHS) and ‘10/100 Mixed Crosstalk’ (RHS) cases it appears that the worst case is left hand side (LHS), e.g. ‘100BASE-T1L AFEXT dominates’.

So rather than model both cases we should initially focus on the ‘10/100 Mixed Crosstalk’.

And take your suggestion of using flat -113 dBm/Hz, 0 to 100 MHz to model the AWGN.

With the adjustment of -10log10 (fbaud/75) dBm/Hz if we are operating at a different symbol rate.

If we want we can include the 2nd noise model, which is approximately -115 dBm/Hz. The difference is not big and I think it is better to simplify the number of permutations to consider.

Brian