发件人: George Zimmerman <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
发送时间: 202436 23:52
收件人: zhangtingting (O) <00001e92abc91102-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-3-SPEP2P@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: RE: modeling of noise

Tingting – thank you for checking – I think on my presentation you may have been looking at the “a” version, which was corrected for erroneous figures – See the “b” version - on page 12, the “b” version (most recent) has the -113 below the left hand side (100BASE-T1L PSAFEXT only) figure, and a combined source under the 10/100 mixed crosstalk case.

I posted the excel file which calculates the Alien crosstalk cases on the website.  You can check that.

Spot checking your AFEXT graphs, the difference seems to be in the AFEXT curve itself.  I’m wonderng what you used for Looking at the point for 60 MHz (I checked a few others, the divergence is pretty big but this is sufficient) I would get:

PSAFEXT = PSAACRF(40 MHz) + IL_100(40 MHz)

IL_100(40 MHz) =

PSAACR-F (f) is as  below, with N=2, as you point out:

At 60 MHz with N=2, this is 46 – 20log10(6) = 30.44 dB

IL(f) is as below, for a 500m line:

At 60 MHz this evaluates to 45.62 dB, If we scale this for a 100m disturber line rather than 500m, we get: 9.12 dB

So, putting these together, I would get a PSAFEXT loss at 60 MHz of 39.56 dB

The ANEXT loss is much greater than this… at around 48 dB… so it doesn’t impact the AXT level – we agree on this.

>>> This appears to be the different, and is significantly less than the level of (about 34 dB) on your left-hand plot of Alien crosstalk coupling functions on your slide 1.

>> I note that the plot of AFEXT coupling on slide 2 looks approximately correct at about 76 dB loss, when the insertion loss is not scaled.

>> for spot checking, at 40 MHz, I would have 41.3 dB AFEXT loss, to your 38 dB, and at 20 Mhz, it would be 45 dB to your about 43 dB, so the difference grows with frequency

>> as the frequency drops, the curves get closer – your 10 MHz value of 47 dB loss is closer to mine of 49.7 dB, and at 2 Mhz, where the curve shape changes, I have 61.8 dB AFEXT loss.

I’m wondering whether you scaled the fext as 20 log10(f/10) or inadvertantly used the NEXT scaling on it (15 log (f/10))?

I hope this helps.

For completeness,

The PSD level at 60 MHz for 75 Mbaud is about -72.6 dBm/Hz. – we agree on this.

The resulting AFEXT level would be –(72.6 + 39.56) = -112.16 dBm/Hz, which looks about 4 dB lower noise than you have in your curve on the right on page 1.

As far as the difference in simulation SNRs is concerned, I think you’ll have to provide more information on your setup.  The label appears incorrect, as you can’t have 8B10B or 4B3T encoding and yet vary the baud rate and still carry 100 Mb/s.

-george