[802.3_NGECDC] Session 1000m reach

Dear colleagues,

FYI: I sent the following information to IEEE 802.3 management, David Law et al, to get a time slot assigned for the upcoming San Diego meeting and the attached proposal (index.html) for a web page announcing the CFI according to the announcement last week during the NG ECDC meeting Monday night.

„David,

I request an IEEE 802.3 call for interest on the following topic to be held in San Diego at July 2016 IEEE 802 plenary.

Title of CFI as proposed during in the IEEE 802.3 ad hoc NG-ECDC session for long reach:

10Mb/s Extended Reach Single Twisted Pair Ethernet PHY

This is a call for interest to initiate a Study Group to develop the PAR and CSD for a 10Mb/s Extended Reach Single Twisted Pair Ethernet PHY. We believe there is a market need, driven by a strong desire to consolidate the fragmented fieldbus landscape into a single Ethernet-based solution and satisfy demand for greater bandwidth associated with new applications, such as Industrial IoT. Use case needs are not fulfilled by existing IEEE 802.3 standards.

For those who are interested in this CFI, please contact Ludwig Winkel, ludwig.winkel@xxxxxxxxxxx.

If this CFI has been adopted, then I am offering to chair the needed activities, but I am also happy if more experienced candidates want to lead this 802.3 effort. Please contact me if there are different or other things to do bringing this topic to an IEEE 802.3 std.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Attached a draft information for the .3 web site.

With best regards,
Ludwig Winkel

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With best regards,
Ludwig Winkel

  Chair of the IEEE P802.3br Task Force

Mail: Siemens AG , DF TI FC
        Oestliche Rheinbrueckenstr.
50
        76187 Karlsruhe, Germany
Tel.: +49 721 595-6098
Mobile: +49 172 6132658
mailto:ludwig.winkel@xxxxxxxxxxx

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Siegfried Russwurm, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

Title: Distinguished Minimum Latency Traffic in a Converged Traffic Environment

10Mb/s Extended Reach Single Twisted Pair Ethernet PHY call for interest

The following request for agenda time for a 10Mb/s Extended Reach Single Twisted Pair Ethernet PHY call for interest has been received from Ludwig Winkel. It will be discussed at the IEEE 802 LMSC July 2016 Plenary meeting in San Diego, CA.

If you have any questions please get in touch with either Ludwig Winkel or David Law directly.

This is a call for interest to initiate a Study Group to develop the PAR and CSD for a 10Mb/s Extended Reach Single Twisted Pair Ethernet PHY.

We believe there is a market need, driven by a strong desire to consolidate the fragmented fieldbus landscape into a single Ethernet-based solution and satisfy demand for greater bandwidth associated with new applications, such as Industrial IoT. Use case needs are not fulfilled by existing IEEE 802.3 standards.

The call for interest will take place during the IEEE 802.3 Opening Plenary on the morning of Monday 25th July. A call for interest consensus building meeting has been scheduled to occur from 18:30 to 19:30 on the evening of Tuesday 26th July. The vote to determine if a Study Group will be formed will take place at the IEEE 802.3 Closing Plenary on the afternoon of Thursday 28th July.

IEEE 802.3 10Mb/s Extended Reach Single Twisted Pair Ethernet PHY CFI consensus building meeting presentation

Return to IEEE 802.3 home page

Last Update: 2016-05-24

[Search]

[e-mail]