[802.3_NGECDC] Thoughts on connectors for 10BASE-T1

Title: Standard

Per Geoff's mike comment:

This is something I thought about actually back at an earlier meeting.  I would want the wire side to be as simple as RJ-13.  Perhaps color coded as to which wire goes on which side.  And color coded that a color-blind person could deal with it.  And use the same crimping tools currently in the hands of the technicians and home owners.

For the sensor side something like USB Type C.  But not exactly that, as someone will plug the wire into a REAL USB port on the sensor and blow something somewhere.

Keep is simple.  Keep it safe.  Keep it cheap.  All three.  At least.

Oh, and SAE can spec the connector used in cars.  They have an area for connector design, if I recall correctly.

--
Robert Moskowitz
Owner

There's no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who gets the credit