[802.3_NGECDC] IEEE 802.3 NEA Ad Hoc - May Meeting Announcement & Call for Presentations

Dear Ad Hoc Participants –

The IEEE 802.3 NEA Ad hoc will be meeting for three sessions during the IEEE 802.3 May Interim Meeting (week of May 22, 2017) that will be held in New Orleans, LA, USA.  Meeting details, hotel reservations and registration links may be found at the following URL: http://ieee802.org/3/interims/may17/index.html.   Please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.

Session #1 – Extended Reach (Beyond 10km) SMF PMD Ad hoc

Primary Contact if you have questions– John D’Ambrosia

Meeting Mon (5/22)     7pm to 9pm

Consensus building towards CFI continues.

Session #2 - Next Generation MMF PMDs

Primary Contact if you have questions– Robert Lingle

Meeting Tues (5/23)    7pm to 9pm

Consensus building towards CFI continues.

Session #3 – 100 Gb/s Electrical

Primary Contact if you have questions– John D’Ambrosia

Meeting Wed (5/24)    Starting at 8am

A list of potential topics for presentation was presented at the recent NEA teleconference on 100 Gb/s Electrical .  See http://www.ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/ngrates/public/calls/17_0419/dambrosia_nea_01_170419.pdf

Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information  -

Name of presenter (including affiliation)

Title of presentation

Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers

Brief description of topic

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.  As Chair, I reserve the right to introduce parties to each other in the interest of consensus building, if two (or more) parties are planning a presentation on a similar topic.

I look forward to seeing everyone in May.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 NEA Ad hoc

Tel:       717.256.1969