[802.3_NGECDC] Agenda for Next-Gen MMF PMDs discussion on Tuesday May 23rd 7pm as part of the NEA Ad Hoc process

All,

The “Next-Generation MMF PMDs” section of the NEA Ad Hoc will meet Tuesday evening at the New Orleans 802.3 Interim at 7pm.

We hope you will find it interesting and useful to participate!  Everyone is invited to have a beer in the hotel bar at 6pm before the meeting.

Agenda

I.                 Discuss target date of the CFI

II.               Plan future work leading up to CFI  - What work do we want to accomplish between now and the CFI, to accelerate work of the Study Group (if approved)?  The following topics were proposed in 5/12 telecon about which to seek contributions in telecons and Ad Hoc meetings before the CFI.  We should discuss who could provide useful contributions on these topics and solicit input for future ad hoc telecons.

a.      Prepare drafts for the five criteria

b.      What are prospects for 200G vs. 400G in the data center markets?

c.      Do we need an objective for 400GBASE-SR8 (8 fiber pairs)?

d.      Do we need a 400GBASE-SR2.2 or 2.4 objective operating over 2 fiber pairs, similar to 100GBASE-SR2 in 802.3cd?

e.      Do 400G PMDs need to align with both 25G and 50G SerDes? How long have multiple generations of SerDes persisted in the data center market in the past? Does that impact our choices?

III.              Highlight changes to the Draft CFI document since the Vancouver meeting http://ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/ngrates/public/calls/17_0512/index.html

IV.              Walk-on items

Robert Lingle, Jr., Ph.D.
Director, Market & Technology Strategy

OFS Logo - RGB

Your Optical Fiber Solutions Partner™

2000 Northeast Expy | Norcross, GA 30071
Office: 770-798-5015
Mobile: 404-886-3581