From: Xiang Zhou <zhoux@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 6:18 PM
To: Chris Cole <chris.cole@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: STDS-802-3-NGECDC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_NGECDC] Definition of "Breakout"?

Hi Chris

I compared 3 FECs with PAM4 modulation format

1) KP4 FEC with operating BER 2e-4

2) FEC B with operating BER 1.4e-3 and overhead ~11%

3) FEC C with operating  BER 4e-3 and overhead ~ 12.9%

Under one simulation condition assuming identical fiber length and modulation chirp,

CD penalty for KP4 FEC, FEC B and FEC is observed to be about 1.4dB, 1.5dB and 1.3dB, respectively.

Xiang