Re: [802.3_NGECDC] Draft - Beyond 400 GbE CFI Consensus Deck

Dear 802.3  Colleagues,

I have a shocking and totally unexpected development to report.

There is at least one person who actually looked at the numbers in the Ethernet volume table.

They pointed out a math error which is corrected in the updated table below.

Also, here is further clarification on the λ categories which I made in a private exchange.

λ#/fiber = 1:       SR, SR2, SR4, SR8, SR10, LRM, DR, PSM4, FR, LR, ER, ZR

λ#/fiber > 2:       Duplex MMF, SR4.2, CWDM4, 4WDM10, 4WDM20, FR4, LR4, ER4

Chris

   Vendor Survey, Q1 + Q2 2020 Ethernet Data,  9/17/20

λ Type

10G λ

25G λ

50G λ