[BP] IEEE P802.3ap, "Backplane Ethernet", PAR approved

Title: IEEE P802.3ap, "Backplane Ethernet", PAR approved

To members of IEEE 802.3 Working Group and the Backplane Ethernet Study Group:

It is my pleasure to announce that, on May 13, 2004, the IEEE-SA Standards Board approved the IEEE P802.3ap PAR.

My thanks to the members of the Backplane Ethernet Study Group for their contributions, both administrative and technical, and Bob Grow, Working Group Chair, for his guidance through the PAR approval process.

The first meeting of the P802.3ap Task Force will be during the May interim meeting week in Long Beach.  I look forward to seeing you there.

Thank you,

Adam Healey
Chair, Backplane Ethernet Study Group