Re: [BP] how to evaluate signaling method

joe, mike,

    First of all i am assuming that adaptation will be done off line,
the hspice simulation will be done on a fully optimized Rx, Tx
combination.  This will mean that the simulation will have to be
done by the group which provides the Rx model.

    I also assume that we will be using a modest 3-5 tap Tx which
can be simulated by a few dozen hspice primitives.  Of course the
tap values will have to be provided for each case by the owner of
the Rx.

    The ideas of worst casing the xtalk is to speed up the simulation.
If real data is used 10M bits is if anything too few (although too
many for hspice to do in reasonable time.)  Sinusoidal interference
provides worst case interference all the time.

                            charles