From: Curtis Knittle [mailto:C.Knittle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 5:11 PM
To: STDS-802-3-NGEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_NGEPON] IEEE 802.3ca - Number of wavelengths, wavelength locations

Dear Colleagues,

As you prepare to attend the upcoming IEEE 802.3ca Task Force meeting in Whistler, BC, give some thought to the following topics. While there are many topics yet to consider, requiring many contributions, it strikes me that the number of wavelengths allocated for a 100G-EPON system, and their respective locations in the optical spectrum, are particularly important and are gating future decisions. It would be nice if, by the end of the Whistler meeting, we have made or are close to making these two very important decisions. Perhaps you could develop a contribution on one or both of these topics?

Remember, the deadline for requesting agenda time, and for submitting the initial draft of slides, is Monday, May 16.

Thanks!

Curtis

Curtis Knittle

VP Wired Technologies – R&D

CableLabs

desk: +1-303-661-3851

mobile: +1-303-589-6869

c.knittle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stay up to date with CableLabs: Read the blog and follow us on Twitter