[802.3_NGEPON] Clarifying questions on guo_3ca_1_0716.pdf

Yong Guo,

Thanks for your interesting contribution guo_3ca_1_0716.pdf,

I do have a few clarifying questions:

On slide 5:

1.       In the table ER=6 dB is indicated, while in the notes ER=9 is indicated.  Could you please clarify?  (I think you used 9 dB, and the 6 is a typo).

2.       It is stated that “-27dBm sensitivity using 25G APD is feasible based on results from multiple contributions”.  Could you please cite those contributions?  Also, could you please confirm that this is for ER=9 dB.

3.       Are these lab results, or do you consider -27 dBm would be a viable commercial value for our standard (i.e. high yield, over temperature and end-of-life).

Thanks for your help.

Ed

Ed Harstead

Lead Technologist

Chief Technology Office, Fixed Networks, Nokia

+1 718 309 3967

ed.harstead@xxxxxxxxx