[802.3_NGEPON] Joint IEEE 802.1, 802.3, ITU-T Study Group 15 Workshop, 27 January 2018

Dear Colleagues,

You may be aware of the 802.3/802.1 interim meetings in Geneva during the week of 22-26 January 2018, followed by the ITU-T Study Group 15 plenary from 29 January-9 February, also in Geneva. There is an emerging plan to hold an IEEE/ITU joint workshop on the Saturday between the meetings, 27 January 2018. The agenda is still very fluid, but there are several topic areas where there seems to be enough common interest:

  • Long(er) reach optical interfaces.
  • Mobile fronthaul, 5G mobile transport.
  • Passive Optical Networking.
  • Management, YANG, Data Modeling.

I’m bringing this to your attention so that you can properly plan travel, should you be interested in attending the workshop. As more information becomes available, I’ll be sure to forward it to the 802.3ca Task Force.

Thank you,

Curtis

Curtis Knittle

VP Wired Technologies – R&D

CableLabs

desk: +1-303-661-3851

mobile: +1-303-589-6869

c.knittle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stay up to date with CableLabs: Read the blog and follow us on Twitter