Re: [802.3_DWDM] IEEE P802.3ct SIGNAL_DETECT Behaviour ad hoc Webpage uploaded

There was a request at the end of the meeting to summarize some of the details for people who joined late:

We reviewed the presentation, and reached agreement that this is what will be in the D2.0 draft, with proposed responses reviewed at the next TF meeting.

There was a request that we add some text stating that a supplier could implement a custom implementation of Signal Detect allowing FAIL. This is worth submitting as a comment on the D2.1 draft, since it doesn't align with any of our current comments.

There were two other comments requesting modifications. The first is that traditional signal detect may be functional for the unamplified application, with limits similar to a PON application. Questions were raised around what impact interchannel crosstalk could have on this. The second is that Signal Detect would detect some faults regardless, such as a tail end amplifier fail. There was agreement that we need more detail on these, and they should be submitted on the D2.1 draft.

Finally we reviewed several of the comments and proposed responses, this will be taken up at the July 30th meeting.

As mentioned if anyone has other comments or corrections, feel free to share them.

Regards,

Eric