[802.3_DWDM] PLEASE READ - Proposed Responses to Comments Against IEEE P802.ct D2.1 Posted

All,

Proposed responses to comments received against D2.1 have been posted –

                By Clause -  https://www.ieee802.org/3/ct/comments/D2P1/8023ct_D2p1_comments_prop_by_clause.pdf

                By ID - https://www.ieee802.org/3/ct/comments/D2P1/8023ct_D2p1_comments_prop_by_ID.pdf

As discussed during our last interim TF meeting, Tom and I were planning on re-evaluating the schedule going forward based on the number of comments  submitted during the WG recirculation ballot.  A total of only 15 comments (one duplicate) were submitted.  The editorial team has reviewed all comments, and has placed 10 comments in “the bucket,” leaving 4 comments to address.  Based on this assessment, I am making the following announcements –

  1. It is believed that the remaining comments can be considered at the announced joint TF Sept 10 interim meeting.
  2. The following comments have been placed in the “bucket”:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13 & 14.
  3. Individuals wishing to have any comments pulled from the bucket should contact the chair and chief editor by Wed 09 Sept  12pm ET.
  4. Given the perceived likelihood of considering all comments at the Sept 10 meeting, a motion to formally approve responses to comments and generate D2.2 is likely to occur.
  5. As we have regular joint TF interim meetings held on Thursdays, we are anticipating using the Thurs Oct 1 meeting to consider comments submitted during the next recirculation.

Regards

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ct Task Force