[802.3_DWDM] FW: Straw Poll - 400GBASE-ZR transmitter clock phase jitter

Reminder – Straw poll needs to be completed.  See below.

From: jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx <jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 8:37 PM
To: stds-802-3-DWDM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Straw Poll - 400GBASE-ZR transmitter clock phase jitter

Dear Task Force Members,

During the 17 Sept Joint TF Interim Mtg, Bo Zhang gave a presentation, entitled "Towards a baseline specification for 400GBASE-ZR transmitter clock phase jitter," which had three proposed options for developing a baseline targeting 400GBASE-ZR Tx clock phase jitter spec.  We were going to do a straw poll on the group's thoughts about the different approaches on the 21 Sept Joint TF Interim, but the straw poll was inadvertently left off the agenda.

Therefore, to facilitate further discussion for next week’s call I have initiated a straw poll on Doodle.  This straw poll is to assess the .3cw TF's feelings towards the various approaches proposed by Bo.  [Please note that the presentation may be found at https://www.ieee802.org/3/ct/public/tf_interim/20_0917/zhang_3cw_01_200917.pdf)

The non-binding strawpoll may be found at the following link - https://doodle.com/poll/nr44w2ymf3unpnxk.  It is appreciated that you vote once by 5pm ET on Monday 28 Sept.

Please note that the provided options 1 – 3 correspond to what Bo proposed in his presentation in the same order.  I provided as much verbiage as I could to allow the identification of the option.

I will forward the summary of the strawpoll results to the reflector upon review after its close on Monday.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3cw Task Force