[802.3_100G-OPTX] P802.3cu ad hoc meeting announcements

Dear Colleagues,

I am announcing some upcoming P802.3cu TF ad hoc meetings before the November Plenary.  We will hold ad hoc meetings on:

Tues Oct 15th @ 8am PT   (request deadline Sun Oct 13th @ 5pm PT)

Wed Oct 23rd@ 8am PT   (request deadline Mon Oct 21st  @ 5pm PT)

Wed Nov 6th @ 8am PT         (request deadline Mon Nov 4th   @ 5pm PT)

With Draft 1.0 available for Task Force review now, it is anticipated that contributions will be focused on proposed technical modifications or addressing TBDs.  We also know we have a nomenclature debate to resolve for the current 400GBASE-LR4 PHY.  I’ve talked to the stakeholders and would like to state that I do not want nomenclature discussions to extend beyond the November meeting so I am hoping that the ad hoc meeting slots will be used effectively for consensus building.

Call information will soon be  available here: http://www.ieee802.org/3/cu/public/cu_adhoc/

If you would like to present in the ad hoc call, please send an email to me indicating the presentation title, a brief description, and approximate presentation/discussion time before the deadlines listed above.

Also, please send me a copy of the presentation by 12pm PT on the day ahead of the ad hoc.

There are guidelines with respect to notification of IEEE 802 participation requirements.  The ad hoc announcement and the ad hoc agenda slides will now have a link to the IEEE 802 Participation slide (http://www.ieee802.org/devdocs.shtml) indicating that participants should read the document prior to the meeting.  Please take the time to review the participation slides and contact me with any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mark