[802.3EEESG] Things to do before March

Folks,

Thanks again to those of you who came to the meeting in Monterey, especially for working on a holiday.  I think we had a productive meeting with meaningful discussion on a number of topics.  As we prepare for March we need to receive contributions in the following areas (just to name a few):

Rapid PHY selection (technical/economic feasibility)

Which PHYs will be considered for speed changes?

Network utilization characteristics for  home, consumer and data center networks (trace files)

Impact of Rapid PHY selection on higher layers (e.g. how rapid speed changes affect spanning tree, how to communicate speed changes to avoid network havoc)

Which protocol should be used to change PHYs? (technical/economic feasibility)

Please keep in mind that whatever you contribute should be with the 5 criteria in mind.

Best regards,

Mike
--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Energy Efficient Ethernet Study Group