[802.3EEESG] STDS-802-3-EEE@listserv.ieee.org

EEE SG folks--

 I posted a discussion of potential EEE savings on the May
meeting page (it is too big to be attached in an email in any
case).   I will not be at Geneva to present this and it is a
discussion paper, not a set of slides.

 This needs considerable input from your collective knowledge
and judgment.  Key data points are how many potential EEE
links there may be in future when fully deployed (1G and 10G)
and the power level reduction in W (AC) in the NIC.

 Send comments directly to me.  I hope those at the meeting
next week discuss this.  Citeable data points (measured or estimated)
are ideal, but non-citeable opinions also welcome.

 The results of this discussion do not flow directly into the
core SG product, but could be part of the material presented in July.

 The figures in the discussion are not a forecast -- rather, they bound
the potential direct savings.

 Thanks,

--Bruce

--