[802.3AZ] reminder: presentations due next week

Folks,

Please remember that the next 802.3az Task Force meeting will be at the
March IEEE 802 2008 Plenary Meeting during the week of March 16th.
Meeting details may be found at
http://ieee802.facetoface-events.com/sessions/47/index.php.

The Task Force will be meeting all day Tuesday and Wednesday, and
Thursday morning until noon.  We will continue to work towards
developing a baseline at this meeting.  We are also going to have a
joint meeting with 802.1 Data Center Bridging folks to discuss how our
work may impact them and vice-versa. Please review the following in
preparation for this session:

http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/private/au-drafts/d0/802-1au-d0-4.pdf
(latest draft)
http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2008/au-pan-qcn-benchmark-sims0108.pdf
(latest proposal not in draft)

I expect the models used in the latter proposal will be a point of
discussion for our work.  The draft of 802.1Qau has sections on
congestion notification and control that are worth reading.

Also, those interested in being an editor for 802.3az, please let me
know.  There is a tutorial for FrameMaker on Monday night during the 802
tutorial time slots.  I will give you the details of the tutorial in my
reply to your e-mail expressing interest in being an editor.

Presenters may submit your request per the guidelines at the Procedure
for Presenters web page:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/az/public/presentproc.html

Presentation requests and materials are due to me by *Wednesday, March
12th*.  Presentations should be mailed to me at mjbennett@ieee.org.
Please remember that any presentation material containing restrictive
notices will be rejected.

Regards,

Mike

--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet Task Force