[802.3AZ] Reminder: Draft 0.9 of IEEE P802.3az is ready for review

Folks,

You should have received the announcement that draft 0.9 of IEEE P802.3az
is ready for review, on August 26th around 7:17 PM PDT.  The message was a
direct e-mail BCC including the login and password to access the draft.
Sanjay and I have not receieved any comments to date.  The requested comment
date is Tuesday, 9 September 2008, not later than 11:59PM AOE.  Please keep
in mind our ability to deal with anything after this date is extremely limited.

Please do not wait till the last minute to submit your comments.

Also, if you are planning to submit a presentation, requests and materials are due to me by *Wednesday, September 10th*. Presentations should be e-mailed to
me at mjbennett@xxxxxxxxx   Please remember that any requests for time or
submissions of  presentation material containing restrictive notices will be
rejected.

Best regards,

Mike
--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE P802.3az, Energy Efficient Ethernet Task Force

(sent on August 26th around 7:17 PM PDT, login/pw removed)
-----------------

Dear Colleagues,

Draft 0.9 of IEEE P802.3az is ready for review. I would like to thank the
editors for their hard work in producing this draft.

This draft is the circulation of an editors draft for information. You will
see many gaps and TBDs - this is to be expected at this stage.
Further, any areas that editors felt were not covered by the approved
baselines and required to be "filled in" to complete the draft have been
highlighted by editor's notes.

We encourage input on [1] the correct incorporation of all
previously-approved baseline proposals, [2] significant technical errors
and [3] significant open areas not noted by editors notes. In addition we
encourage input on significant open areas both in comments as well as
presentations at the upcoming interim meeting.

We request this input, through use of the commenting tool as additional
structure to our process, by Tuesday September 9th 23:59 AOE. Our ability
to deal with anything received after that date is extremely limited as the
editorial team needs time to generate responses in time for the meeting.

Please note that all previously unapproved text as well as new features
will require approval by the Task Force as we have been doing all along.

The goal is to get to a Task Force review with a 35 day full scope review
using D1.0. This will be discussed in detail in September. It will also
depend on the progress made in September and will require a motion by the TF. **** IEEE P802.3az/D0.9 Instructions for accessing the draft and
submitting comments follow.

D0.9 REVIEW PERIOD
------------------

Comment Submission requested by:
Tuesday, 9 September 2008, 11:59PM AOE
[Ability to deal with anything after date is extremely limited]

HOW TO ACCESS THE DRAFT:
------------------------
The draft is posted for your review for commenting purposes only, and
neither the draft nor access information should be copied or redistributed
to others in violation of document copyrights.

You may download the draft
from http://www.ieee802.org/3/az/private/index.html
Login/PW: (see the referenced e-mail or ask me)

There will be three versions of Draft 0.9 in the directory.  ** Please
comment on the draft with the filename 8023az-D0-9.pdf only.**  The other
two versions are there as a reference, showing the new text in a different
color and/or showing deleted text.

The draft files are posted in Adobe "pdf" document format and can be
downloaded and printed if desired.  If you do not have Adobe Acrobat
Reader, it is available for free downloading from Adobe at:

http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html.

HOW TO SUBMIT COMMENTS
----------------------
Comments are appreciated and highly encouraged. Use of the Generic
Commenting Tool is required.  You may download the comment tool from here:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/az/public/tools/Generic_Commenting_Tool.zip

There is also a link to frequently asked questions regarding comments in
the tools directory.  Please download the tool, get familiar with it, and
use it to submit comments.

Send your comment files as attachments to:
SKasturia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mjbennett@xxxxxxxx

and paste the following into the subject line:
802.3az/D0.9 Comments

Please do not wait until the last minute to get your comments entered.
This will give the editorial team time to digest and sort the incoming
comments for more productive comment resolution during the meeting.
Furthermore, you can submit multiple comment files, so you do not have to
wait until reading the entire document before submitting some comments.