[802.3AZ] Responses to comments against D1.0 have been posted on the website

Dear colleagues,

Once again we had a very productive meeting during the IEEE 802 plenary week. We resolved all 334 comments against draft 1.0. The responses have been posted on the November meeting public page. Our editors are working on draft 1.1. Review of this draft will begin December 15, 2008 and the deadline for comment submission is January 3, 2009. Proposed responses will be posted January 9, 2009. I wish we could get them posted sooner but the holidays make that very difficult. I would like to point out that according to our schedule, we have two meeting cycles to produce a technically complete draft suitable for working group ballot. In order to call the draft technically complete, we need to resolve 66 TBDs, with 42 of those being the wake, sleep, quiet, and refresh times for the various PHYs. I hope we can get some or most of those values filled in at the January meeting. I would like to thank the editors for their hard work. Additionally, thanks to those of you who reviewed D1.0 and submitted comments against it. We're making great progress and I'm confident we will continue to do so.
Best regards,

Mike

--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE P802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet