[802.3AZ] Status of IEEE P802.3az Energy-efficient Ethernet project

Dear Colleagues,

The IEEE P802.3az Energy-efficient Ethernet 3rd sponsor recirculation ballot closed at 11:59PM on 29th August with no new negatives. I have provided the full results below.

We received one new comment - it was an editorial coordination comment that reads 'This draft meets all editorial requirements'. My intended response is 'Accept - Thank you.'.

Based on the above, and the conditional approval granted in July, since IEEE P802.3az has been pre-submitted to RevCom, I will update RevCom with the latest results, and proceed with an IEEE 802 EC ballot to keep IEEE P802.3az on the September RevCom agenda.

Best regards,
  David Law
  IEEE 802.3 Working Group Chair

IEEE P802.3az 3rd recirculation ballot results

Ballot Open Date:       13-Aug-2010
Ballot Close Date:      29-Aug-2010

RESPONSE RATE
This ballot has met the 75% returned ballot requirement.

127 eligible people in this ballot group.

103   affirmative votes
1     negative votes with comments
0     negative votes without comments
6     abstention votes
---
110   votes received = 86% returned
      5% abstention

APPROVAL RATE
The 75% affirmation requirement is being met.
103   affirmative votes
1     negative votes with comments
---
104   votes = 99% affirmative