Re: [8023-POEP] Classification Ad Hoc: Summary from 2-22-06

Hi all,

Please see bellow my comments for the summary.
Thanks
Yair.
-------------

7.	Before a 4-pair PSE grants power to a 4-pair PD
operating above XX watts, the PSE must first verify that all 4 pairs are
present and connected to the 4-pair PD.  If the PSE only detects two
pair are present, the PSE will only grant power up to XX watts.
 XX watts is the maximum power allowed in a 2-pair system.  I.E., any
time the PSE wants to use all 4 pairs, it must first verify that all 4
pairs go to the same PD.
---
Yair:
Other option to consider:
-PSE is limiting the power per any 2P to XX watts.
-PSE is performing detection and classification for any 2P.
-If the PD is 2P then all is OK.
-IF the PD is 4P then each 2P will receive XX watts max. PD is
responsible to current share to utilize the max power in order not to
cause an overload condition per 2P.
The PSE is responsible to turn ON power on all 4P within TBD time (1ms
max?) only after detection and classification ended successfully done.
- IF an outlet is splitted to two separate PDs then they will be power
after PSE getting valid detection and classification data.
  The purpose is to allow flexibility in application and infrastructure
utilization as long as there is no hazard to equipment and users and
there is no potential interoperability issues.
----
8.	Classification is mandatory
---
Yair: We need to define if it is mandatory in PD? In PSE or both?
      I guess the objective is to have in both.
------
Misc
--
Yair: See also detailed analysis in: