From: owner-stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Robbins
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:26 AM
To: STDS-802-3-POEP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [8023-POEP] DS vs. SS debate

Guys,

This email is intended for people who are interested in the DS vs. SS debate, or the classification adhoc.  If you’re not one of those people then please disregard this.

Unfortunately, no decision was reached in the Austin meeting, so the DS vs. SS debate must go on.

This issue is far too important to just let it sit until the plenary.  We must have it all figured out before the plenary, otherwise we probably won’t reach a decision then either.  And, as we all know, the 802.3at Task Force is already way behind schedule.

My question is, how should we proceed from here?  So far, the discussion forum has been the classification adhoc, but this is really outside their scope.  Should the Task Force start a new adhoc, or morph the classification adhoc into a system architecture adhoc?

I think we need to make a decision quickly, and continue the debate aggressively.

Steve