Re: [8023-POEP] Solved another problem with DS

Guys,

I’ve made big improvements to the presentation I sent out last week, and changed the title. The latest pdf is attached.

The big improvements are:

  1. The system automatically makes good utilitization of both midspan and endspan:
    1. The AF-endspan gets all the low-power PDs until it runs out of power budget.
    2. The AT-midspan gets all the medium-power PDs, and any low-power PDs that the AF-PSE rejects.
    3. The AT-midspan is able to sense that another PSE is powering the PD.

  1. The process no longer requires the PD to turn itself off if it gets powered by an AF-PSE.

I think the presentation also flows a lot better now.

Time to go to the beach.  Have a great weekend!

Steve

AT-Midspan Detection.pdf