From: owner-stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Robbins
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:31 AM
To: STDS-802-3-POEP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [8023-POEP] Endspan on Alt-B?

Guys,

Someone just pointed out to me that an endspan PSE can use Alt-A, Alt-B, or both.  (See paragraph 33.2.1)  I had forgotten about this, assuming endspans were always Alt-A.

This would seem to complicate our plans to have endspans and midspans share the load.  Midspans always use Alt-B, so they can share ONLY if the endspan uses Alt-A.

Does anyone know of any endspans that actually use Alt-B (the spare pairs)?  If so, please reply.

Steve