[8023-POEP] Word of warning

Colleagues:

While Montreal has been much discussed, this city has not yet been finalized.  I understand the need to book early for visa and cost reasons, but, at this time it might not be wise to assume that the destination will be Montreal.  I only say this because some of you have said things like “My flights to Montreal arrive and depart on. . . “ and I can’t promise Montreal is it.

Before the flames start about meeting notices, let me remind all that this organization is not a commercial entity and we rely largely on the largess of the membership to make meeting plans.  If you would like months of notice for meetings, please take the initiative of getting your company to host a meeting.  If we had meeting hosts lined up we could publish a meeting schedule farther in advance.  Until that happens, we are forced to wait until it is clear that no host will come forward then book something ourselves on the Working Group’s dime.

Just a few random thoughts

Cheers

Mike

Michael McCormack

Business Development Manager, Power over Ethernet Products
Texas Instruments, Power Interface Products
50 Phillippe Cote St.
Manchester, NH 03101 USA

Voice: +1 603 222 8686
Fax: +1 603 222 8580