[8023-POEP] IEEE 802.3at Trnasformer and Channel ad hoc data input request

Hello,

The “Transform and Channel” ad hoc is creating a channel model for the IEEE 802.3 channel (legacy PoE).  If you would like your production transformer characteristics to be included in this analysis please send the following data to me.  Data points or graphs are acceptable.  I require this data be Monday Dec. 10 but may accept late submissions.  If you have a transformer specified for IEEE 802.3at (PoE plus) please repeat these steps for that part and state whether lab tests were performed to confirm the data.

1) Identifier: anonymous, or vendor name and part number

2) Temperature operating range for the specifications provided. Celsius

3) Maximum resistance from CT to Ethernet connection. ohms

4) Maximum resistance unbalance for CT to Ethernet connection = Rdiff/(Rmax + Rmin) %

5) The standard deviation for resistance difference (Rdiff = Rmax – Rmin, on the same transformer). ohms

6) CT current maximum with other stated values in specification.  mA

7) Maximum current unbalance from one Ethernet connection to the other with other values in specification.  This value is twice the transform bias current limit. mA

Thanks for your support of this effort,

Fred Schindler

Technical Leader

CISCO Systems

170 West Tasman Drive

M/S SJ-19-3

San Jose, CA 95134-1706

Tel. (408) 525-9859

PS The last presentation provided by this ad hoc was:

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/at/public/nov07/schindler_1_1107.pdf