[8023-POEP] Proposed liaison

As discussed and approved by consensus in mtg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
To:     TIA TR-42
Via:    Valerie McGuire
Sub:    Liaison to TIA TR-42 from P802.3at Enhanced Power over Ethernet
Date:   March 11, 2009

Colleagues-

P802.3at has reviewed the default ballot (issued March nn, 2009) for:
Project Number 3-0324-B-1, proposed creation of a new TSB Guidelines for Supporting Power Delivery over Balanced Twisted-Pair Cabling (if approved, to be published as TSB-184)

We have some concern that the accepted response to comment CS05 (Ref: Page 3, line 198) could be misleading with respect the actual minimum requirements to support PoE Plus.

We would appreciate a change to the proposed text to:
"When planning new installations delivering SELV power, Category 5e or better 4-pair balanced twisted-pair cabling as specified in ANSI/TIA-568- C.2 is recommended."

We appreciate your consideration in this matter.

Best regards,