[8023-POEP] Upcoming events

Colleagues:

As we approach the completion of your project, we must keep in mind that we are not yet done.  Specifically,

1)       We did receive comments during the last ballot cycle.  These comments must be addressed and dispatched.  Please take the effort to review these comments which are posted on our task force webpage at http://www.ieee802.org/3/at/comments/D4.2/index.html  Your preparation prior to showing up at the meeting will help close these comments more quickly.

2)       The IEEE 802.3 Working Group has received a liaison request from IEC TC65/SC65C/JWG10.  It is not 100% clear that this liaison will be addressed by our Task Force (that will be announced by the chair at the opening plenary I presume) but regardless of how the liaison is addressed, it does involve IEEE STD 802.3-2005 clause 33.  You may wish to review this request at http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/jul09/0709_IEC_SC65C_JWG10_to_802_3.pdf as I imagine that our group has a strong likelihood of being asked for input if not complete responsibility for the draft response.

3)       I announced that I was planning to arrange in interim meeting in Durham NH, USA, on August 20.  I expect that I will know better if this meeting will occur at the closing plenary of the IEEE 802.3 Working Group.  If I were a betting individual, I would place my money on this meeting either not occurring or being a mere formality (Open / Approve previous minutes / Ask for new business / Close.)  I do not gamble much though . . .

I look forward to seeing you next week, please prepare by reviewing the first two items so that we can complete our work as swiftly as possible.

Cheers

Mike

Michael McCormack

Business Development Manager, Power over Ethernet Products
Texas Instruments, Power Interface Products
50 Phillippe Cote St.
Manchester, NH 03101 USA

Mobile: +1 603 264 0146
Email: mike_mccormack@xxxxxx