Guilty til proven Guilty!

Hi Larry

A-
I take it the measurements you have done that show 15db isolation
using the network analyzer, terminated 4,5 and 7,8 with 100 ohms,
differential and the proper common mode impedance to ground?
I trust your measurement at this point, but as we  hang the DTE
on there, Are we not terminating with a different impedance than
100ohms, and what does that do to the measurement?, I don't
expect a lot of drama but worth a look...

B-
How  does "Noise, Inluding RF and xyz..." injection on the used pairs get worth
because I have a dc power on there?, and whatever happened to the awsome
40db common mode rejection of the magnetic and the differential input stage
of the receiver?  This is a twisted pair after all isn't? all right I get real unlucky
and my smart "noise" source injects differential noise now, I am in trouble
with or without current saved by how good of a phy I have chosen what Am I
missing?.

Larry, I ate drunk and slept phys ask your favorite vendors.
at the end of the day, PHYs are HUMAN, they are not perfect, and will never be.
the hope is that if the phy has 30-40m of margin built in above 100m physical
length that all this worries still apply but is not as dramatic.

I hear you, the "rules" are you need a proof, how many Phys and how many revs
must I go through, and in what system?  I have seen great phys act way better
in some boxes, it is all in the eye of the "Beholder"....

As for the rules, I once played checkers with this person, and as I started to win
here and there  he kept changing the rules, I tell you that was more fun than winning
at the end of the day...

my 2c,
roger