RE: current limit on 48 VDC

Title: RE: current limit on 48 VDC

Bob,
I have actually looked at those words, I guess I read than differently than you do.
Then again, what are you actually saying?

Unless we plan on measuring the temperature of the cable plant, 350 ma is the maximum that we must design to.
We must assume that there is a large bundle somewhere in the cable plant, not separate and happily cooled cables.

Is anyone suggesting that we measure the cable plant temperature?
If we could do that somehow, then we could be well above 350 ma at 25C, and derate above that temp.
I don't think this would be cost effective.

- Rick