testing Hipot for DTE power

Title: testing Hipot for DTE power

Hi all,
I have drawn up a simple test fixture for performing Hipot testing on DTE powered ports.
It applies the high potential to all pins, but also allows for DTE power by providing a load for the DTE power supply.

The proposal is at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/power_study/public/email_attach/hipot_test_power_on.pdf

My point of view is that if the topology of a powered port does not change from DTE power off to DTE power on,
then we can test Hipot with power off, as we usually do.
However, if the output topology does change, then we must test Hipot both with power off, and with power on.
The existence of a power switch in the powered port topology, is one possible example of how the topology can
be different with the power off and on.

thanks,
- Rick