Re: RJ-45 common mode radiated emissions testing

Rick,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the testing. I certainly am not
requiring  you to undertake additional work.

Its just that reflections for open (unterminated) wires is at least
double giving 6 dB more radiation. And resonances will make it worse.
The TIA found serious resonances due to short patch cords without proper
terminations. I have found resonances with common mode chokes (big ones,
in the order of half a mH) as low as 50 KHz.

Jack Andresen