[802.3af] Re: Liaison report from ISO/IEC JTC 1 SC 25/WG 3 on mid-span power

Rehan-

I believe that there are several other reasons.
One significant one is added cost
Another is that most 1000BASE-T devices will not operate within the power
budget

Few low power devices will need 1 gig of bandwidth. Nothing comes to mind
at the moment

Geoff