RE: [802.3af] Category 6 cabling

100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-T were written such that the cabling infrastructure
must meet, at a minimum, the specification for UTP Cat 5 cabling.  This
means that any cabling that exceeds the specification of Cat 5 cabling
should be conformant with the standard; therefore, there is no requirement
to specify operation over Cat 6 or 7 cabling unless they cannot provide
similar operation as can be achieved on Cat 5.  If a specification for Cat 6
or 7 was required for .3af, that would most likely be considered beyond the
scope of the .3af.

Cheers,
Brad

Brad Booth