[RE] Technical comments

Tom,

I read you slides during commercials yesterday.

The idea of channels seems good; its also what is done
on P1394.

However, 1394 acquired global channels and this had
some problems. It would seem preferable (and not all
that inefficient) to assign longer channel numbers:
  {macAddress,channel}
So, each "channel" would be 64 bits, with a 16-bit channel.

There is still the need for some sort of database to
discover things, but its much simpler w/o the need to
globally sync (and resync when nets are joined) channel
numbers.

My thoughts anyway.

DVJ

David V. James