[RE] Agenda for May 16-17 Interim Meeting

Title: Agenda for May 16-17 Interim Meeting
The agenda for the May 16-17 meeting of the ResE SG is currently:

  1. Administrative (Introductions, patent policy, standards development status, minutes, agenda updates — 20 minutes)
  2. Recommendation of SG chair to 802.3 (SG needs to select a preferred chair ... actual appointment will be made by Bob Grow, 802.3 Chair, but he intends to follow the recommendation of the SG — 10 min)

Presentations:
  1. Results of 802.1 discussions (Michael Johas Teener, with help from Dirceu Cavendish, Jim Battaglia, Yong Kim — one hour with Q&A)
  2. ResE standardization: 802.1, 802.3, or both? (Michael Johas Teener — one hour, only 10 minutes outlining the choices, the rest reserved for discussion and development of a consensus for future action)
  3. Effects of Residential Ethernet Standard on other 802.1/802.3 (Yong Kim — 30 min.  including Q&A)
  4. Comparison of Layer 2 CoS and ResE mechanisms in QoS delivery (Yong Kim — 30 min, including reasonable Q&A ... Yong expects either zero or a lot of discussions examining how Layer 2 QoS could be used for service delivery and how ResE work would enhance CE content delivery).
  5. Description of ResE Video Applications and Requirements (Geoffrey M. Garner — 30 minutes)
  6. Description of ResE Audio Applications and Requirements (Geoffrey M. Garner — 30 minutes)
  7. Jitter and Wander Requirements for ResE Applications (Geoffrey M. Garner — 30 minutes)
  8. Design alternatives of Simple Reservation Protocol (Felix Feifei Feng — 20 minutes)
  9. High level protocols for time sensitive services, part 1: IEC 61883 (Michael Johas Teener — 30 minutes ... there will be a later presentation on RTP-based protocols at a later time)

I expect there will be additional presentations. In particular, Alexei will likely be presenting some work that David James has been leading, along with help from Alexei and others ...

This is a total of 6 hours of presentations so far. I’d like to reserve 3 hours to discuss a revised objectives list and possible changes to the PAR and 5 criteria, and we may need more. Given all this, it will be a very full meeting so I’d like to recommend that everyone be in the meeting room by 8:30AM. If possible, I’d like to move the agenda around to try to get all the policy decisions done the first day, since there is a CEA meeting on Tuesday that will make it hard for some of our members from CE companies to participate on Tuesday.

Please comment on this agenda ASAP!

--
         Michael D. Johas Teener — mikejt@broadcom.com
office +1-408-922-7542 cell +1-831-247-9666 fax +1-831-480-5845