Re: [LinkSec] Notes from meeting 12/10/02

Allyn:

I would like to clarify one point for the final minutes.

>Russ - protection of MAC control track is part of our work, don't know
>if replay is important.  At the rate things are being added onto MACs,
>if replay isn't important today it will be

I do not know if protection of the MAC control traffic is important.  I
hope it can be put out of scope.  Otherwise a specific solution will be
needed for each MAC.  However, it is clear that management protocols that
sit on top of the MAC are within scope.  Bridge-to-bridge traffic is one
example.  Further, I do not know if replay protection is important, but I
suspect that it is.  Even if we were to make study today of each of the
protocols and we were to find that replay could not cause a problem, this
may not be meaningful.  Future changes could introduce a problem.

Russ