RE: Key Identification RE: [LinkSec] Requirements

As we know, 802.3ah has an identifier, namely logical link ID (LLID)which could be used as the required identifier. Of course, LLID is specific to EPON. Therefore, I use this opportunity to express an opinion that, for instance, point-to-point links in subscriber access netwokrs do not require encryption because they consist of separate, safely installed wires (that is the law) and soundly configured Ethernet switches. EPON, on the other hand, needs encryption desperately.

Antti Pietilainen

Nokia Research Center
PL 407
00045 NOKIA GROUP