Re: [LinkSec] Meeting Notes: 04 feb 2003

I will try to respond to this terse description.  The first three bytes of
the SDE header look like a reserved DSAP.  This can be used by a receiving
station or bridge for demultiplexing.  The security association identifier
(SAID) is used for further demultiplexing.  The SAID is used to lookup
which security services are associated with particular security
association.  For example, the SAID is used to lookup the encryption key
and encryption algorithm.  These in turn indicate how many octets, if any,
of the ciphertext represent the initialization vector (IV).

Russ