[LinkSec] Re: Re-activation of 802.10?

At 05:41 20/03/2003 +0200, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:

Dolors, Tony,

Can one of you update me (and maybe also the LinkSec list) if there have been discussions in the SEC about re-activation of 802.10 and further work on SDE.

Dan -

A couple of others have asked the same question - I was leaving it to Ken to make an announcement of some kind, but clearly he hasn't done so.

Ken made a motion in the Exec on Friday to un-hibernate 802.10 in order to update the 802.10 standards. There was discussion of the appropriateness of this move, given that (a) there is yet to be any clarity in LinkSec as to whether they want to use the 802.10 standards, and if they do, what changes are needed. There was also concern on the part of one Exec member (not myself) that reactivating 802.10 was effectively writing a "blank cheque" - there is no clear procedure for then deactivating it again when it has done. A motion was then made to "postpone indefinitely" the motion on the floor, and the  motion to postpone passed.

Regards,
Tony