[LinkSec] RE: [802.1] Confirmation ballot of P802.1d/D2

At 08:36 29/04/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Tony,
>
>Thank you for your detailed explanations.
>I have additional questions:
>
>You wrote:
>Tony> You can clearly send comments and requests at any time - the
>Tony> more relevant
>Tony> question is when we (802.1) are able to do anything sensible
>Tony> with them.
>
>Could you please post to stds-802-1@ieee.org some
>invitation every time, when the TG is ready to consider
>comments and/or requests from persons outside TG, please?

I already do, in the form of Task Group and Working Group ballot announcements.

>Tony> Once Sponsor balloting is complete, the document can be
>Tony> finally approved
>Tony> and published. Any further problems identified have to be handled via
>Tony> maintenance processes - errata, interpretation requests, etc.
>
>Who may send "interpretation requests"? Must these "interpretation
>requests" be formatted into any official form?

There are details of where to send interpretation requests in the front
matter of the published standards. Note that these are for published
standards only.

>Tony> ...your comment can be included at that stage,
>Tony> and if you wish, I will include it in my ballot response
>
>Should I remember you on "Sponsor ballot" stage
>of .1D about this your obliging proposition?

I will post a message to the 802.1 mailing list when the document goes out
for Sponsor ballot. Remind me then that I need to include your comments in
my ballot response.

Regards,
Tony