[802.1] RE: [LinkSec] MACSec PAR - Applicability to OLT-ONU Link

At 10:40 AM 6/12/2003 -0500, O'Connor, Don wrote:

>Dolors,
>
>Will the MACsec project provide protocol mechanisms to protect against the
>connection of an unauthorized ONU to a service provider OLT? It appears that
>maybe a future project / PAR would be required to address this scenario (if
>it is felt that such protection is needed).

That would be the authentication aspect to a total security system.  We
discussed this at Ottawa.  We first have to finish 802.1aa before we can
tackle any needed work on authentication services that LinkSec needs.

But I am writing a paper right now.  My thoughts are FINALLY coming
together on this....

Robert Moskowitz
Senior Technical Director
ICSA Labs, a division of TruSecure Corp.
	(248) 968-9809
Fax:	(248) 968-2824
rgm@trusecure.com

There's no limit to what can be accomplished
if it doesn't matter who gets the credit