Re: [LinkSec] IETF PANA

Hi Paul,

>> I believe the PANA conversation is terminated at the first router and it is
>> ok for PANA packets to be flooded everywhere on the local LAN segments
>> between the node and the router.
>
> Just a minor note that PANA conversation can be terminated not only at
> the first hop router but also at any IP node on the same IP link as
> client IP hosts.

Just to expand a bit more on what Yoshi said: The only requirement of PANA
is that the client (PaC) and the authentication agent (PAA) be on the same
IP-hop. As such, PAA can be on any one of the access routers, or any one of
the access points as well. Or even on a separate dedicated server on that
last hop. Appendix section in
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-requirements-07.txt covers
all these scenarios.

Btw, what do you mean by "flooding" PANA packets? Are you asking if one can
send PANA messages between the STA and AP?

Alper