RE: [LinkSec] RE: SecY interface definitions

Mick,

Thanks for the terminology clarification. I misunderstood.

The response time to key end life depends on the encryption algorithm.
Stronger the encryption algorithm, slower the needed response. When the
rekeying mechanism is scheduled properly, then there is no reason for this
indication. If a requirement to key exchange scheduling would be stated, and
it will consider the selected algorithm, then no indication is required. On
the other hand, an ill scheduler and a weak algorithm are a bad combination,
which might require this indication.

Onn.